Independent Energy Consultant
As of the 1st of January 2017 companies are required to apply an energy manager or energy consultant service company in order to meet the requirements of the modified 2015/LVII. law about the energy efficiency. Companies (large companies and SME’s) are required to apply an energy expert or energy managment service company with qualified independent experts in order to evaluate their energy consumption and savings potential, and assist the companies efforts on the field of energy efficiency.
Companies with an average energy consumption of more, than
a) 400 000 kWh electricity
b) 100 000 m3 natural gas or
c) 3 400 GJ heat
in the last 3 years are obliged to apply an energy manager.
Minimum requirements of an Energy Consultant by the law (2015/LVII.):
- Energy manager takes part in the energy auditing process of the company or assists in the implementation process and the operation of the energy management system ISO 50001.
- The energy manager as a consultant formulates proposals for energy efficiency, and detects the energy losses in buildings and processes.
- Prepears monthly and annual reports and evaluates the energy consumption of the company
- Communicates the annual energy report of the company on the company’s website
- Reports the company’s annual energy consumption and energy savings towards the Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (Authority) as resulted by the energy efficiency achievments. (penalty fee can reach HUF 1 Million in case of default)
- Companies are obliged to report the application of the energy manager within 30 days to the Authority
(penalty fee from HUF 200 000 – 2 000 000)
MN6 Energy provides the following activities as an energy consultant:
- Auditing of energy bills and contracts – auditing the company’s energy bills can significantly affect spendings. By metering and analysing energy consumption data, we can identify the overpayings.
- Assistance of the energy purchase process – we assist you to identify the best energy purchasing options on the market. This proactive approach allows you to capitalize on energy opportunities with the most appropriate energy supplier.
- Assistance of the energy auditing process (till 5th Dec 2019) of the company or assistance in the implementation process and the operation of the energy management system ISO 50001.
- As energy consultants, we formulate proposals for energy efficiency, and detect the energy losses in buildings and processes.
- We prepeare the monthly and annual reports and evaluate the energy consumption of the company and energy savings towards the Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (Authority) as resulted by the energy efficiency achievments.
- We communicate the annual energy report of the company on the company’s website.
MN6 Energy Agency is a powerful team of energy experts, including engineers, energy professionals and economists. The MN6 Energy Agency provides energy managment services for the clients, which is a systematic and transparent manner to handle all the company’s energy related questions – in order to decrease the high energy costs and solve all energy related issues.
What’s the benefit?
- Legal obligation is fulfilled – avoiding penalty fee of HUF 2 200 000
- Reducing energy expenses with 10-20%
- Operation of equipments is secured, maintenances can be planned
- Operation costs can be reduced
- Precise KPI’s can be calculated by cost-centers
- Implementation of EN ISO 50001 energy management system is possible as a result