Building energy certification
• Inspection, assessment
This is an independent examination of a building’s energy systems and machinery. The aim is to determine and compare current energy consumption level with existing standards, and to create an energy-wise ranking of buildings on the official scale ranging from “A” to “I”.
What’s the benefit?
• By having this certification, you can get a general overview of the technical status of the building and expected annual energy consumption.
• The certificate highlights weak points of the building, thus helping to find out which investments can improve overall energy efficiency of the property.
• Having the certificate is obligatory when putting the building in practice, as the current government decree stipulates that this certificate must be shown in buying-selling and letting deals (Government Decree No. 176/2008. (VI. 30.)).
• The certificate is also an indicator of the building’s value, and it can boost the market price.
• When it comes to statutory tenders, a clear, credible, and analytically well-established document is required to present the level of possible energy savings with regard to different investment opportunities.
• The certificate is valid for 10 years (or until a change in the circumstances).
• In case of governmental statutory buildings, if the area is over 1000 sqm, it is mandatory to display the certificate in an easily visible place.
1. Negotiations with the client, and the person in charge of facility management, collection of data, measuring demands. Narrowing down client needs, fixing operational aspects (inside temperature, heating, air-conditioning, internal regulation, development plans), acquiring blueprints and relevant documentation.
2. Technical inspection of the building(s), matching blueprints and documentation to reality, replacement of missing data with local measurements. Fixing rooms and premises where possible energy wasting is experienced, and registering all data needed for certification.
3. Technical analysis and calculation achieved via WinWatt software, and compilation of certificate and proposals for developments.
As a result of the above, the following can be clarified:
• Energy features of the building and machinery.
• Control for summer overheating.
• CO2 emission levels.
In the final section of the certification process, we present other alternatives for a more energy-conscious operation, raise your attention to technological issues, and also present development scenarios including the available improvements for the official ranking. Lastly, we hand over the complete energy certificate documentation, including a one paged colored summary and the background calculations, which serve as a starting point for possible later investment plans.